20100912

SWEET CHILD OF THE RIPPERBON






vintage sweater courtesy of Kitami Ropa, Chloe wedge boots, gifted 3-finger brass pyramid stud ring by Adelina Mictlan, Alexandra Cassaniti money bag, Ray Ban aviators.




Big thanks to Kitami Ropa for sending me this 80's vintage mohair sweater. I chose this piece because I was really into the kitschy leather Egyptian detailing. The tag says "Dino Valiano - Made in Western Germany." I think this probably would've looked better with my Miu Miu clogs, but it was raining today so I pulled out the Chloes instead.



These boots were an a/w '09 purchase, and I think they'll hold up quite nicely through this season as well. The only minor complaint I have is the complete absence of a platform, which makes for some tricky downhill walking. With a platform, however, I think they might start to look too much like Sketchers. The cream laces and the folded shaft pretty much make the shoe. People tend to either really love or really hate these boots; I love them.




This 3-finger ring by Adelina Mictlan is my new favorite gold-tone piece. Ms. Mictlan recently had some pieces showcased at my hair salon in South Philly, and I was completely blown away by what I saw. Her work is on-trend while still maintaining the distinctiveness of her vision. I can tell a lot of thought was put into this design, and I really appreciate that. The rings are positioned in a way that makes for easy movement of the fingers ... I don't have any trouble changing diapers with this on. The brushed finish is appropriately understated, and the brass has yet to turn me green (and I turn very quickly), so I know she uses high-quality materials. Definitely someone to keep an eye on! The spiked bracelet is a piece of junk jewelry from ebay ... I also have it in silver. These tend to be pretty cumbersome, so it was in my purse by noon.

My boy has been fed so now I'm off to make tacos for my husband ... more soon! &hearts

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Great to see you again! Cool look.

jenelle said...

you look awesome hal,doesnt even look like you had a baby. really looove those boots.<3333

Anonymous said...

The boots are awesome. The bag gives me flashbacks. And you look so good.

Sally said...

All about these shoes lady!

Sally
http://ursaminor-sally.blogspot.com/

Julia said...

God, you're gorgeous. Coveting your bangs. And your baby, of course. Maybe this year is my year!

xo

Sister Shirley said...

Love the sweater, and I agree it's made to go with the Miu Mius.

Soo said...

u look amazin good 2 see u posting again. luv those boots

Anonymous said...

Looove that sweater. And the wedges are great, too. All in all a dope outfit :) as usual :)

http://www.sextapeandcigarettes.blogspot.com

Bretta said...

Hallieeee you are beautiful. You look incredible, you MILF you ;p

Emily said...

That ring gives me shivers, love it. Also, I dream of being short enough to wear sweaters as dresses, I envy youuuu.

If you ever feel up to doing a how-to on your makeup look, I'd eat that shit up. Polished and understated.

Maria said...

gosh, i love the way you can put up such an unique style!!

Anonymous said...

amazing. jealous of everything esp the boots.

Plastic Rosary said...

yes a how to on your makeup! Please :-)

Anonymous said...

think this is one of my favorite outfit posts. i like the warmth of gold and brown leather. you look....cuddly!!

Anonymous said...

these boots are amazing. i can't stop clicking the previous post button on your page... i keep going back, back, back. i had to google your husband (guess i'm not as cool as i thought). your outfits are so rad. don't even get me started on your shoes.

xx
calla
www.SHINYUPSIDEDOWNCROSSES.BLOGSPOT.com